I would guess that it is matching another record in your users table
in the database.  Perhaps a default user with higher priority?

You can edit amavisd.conf and set log_level to 5, and paste the
results of the transaction that goes through.  It will probably show
exactly what's happening and why it's not getting killed.

- Nate