On 9/27/07, Hans Moser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gary V schrieb:
>
> > Quarantine is triggered by kill_level. If you want to quarantine at
> > 19, you could set: $sa_kill_level_deflt = 19;

> Ok.

> > $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level is used to delete high scoring spam that
> > is bound for the quarantine. If you wanted to review all the
> > quarantined spam, you could set this to: $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level
> > = undef;

> Doesn't this mean the spam with score above 19 should have been deleted
> with my conf? This does not happen. - Ah, ok, I assume this has to do
> with "$final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;".

The "$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;" setting does not affect
quarantining. It can affect whether a recipient receives spam or not
however.

No, the reason mail was not discarded was because mail was not going
into your quarantine in the first place. You set:
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 99996.31;
which prevented quarantining. The $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level only
affects mail that is destined for the quarantine. If you want to
delete spam that scores over 19, you could set:
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 19;
$sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 19;

For that matter, you could conceptually set
$sa_quarantine_cutoff_level at any number equal to or lower than
$sa_kill_level_deflt, but this is not how it's typically done. It
would be more common to do something like:
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 19;
$sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = undef;
$spam_quarantine_to  = undef;

Setting "$spam_quarantine_to  = undef;" means you have no place to
quarantine the spam, therefore, spam over kill_level is not
quarantined at all (but messages may still may be delivered to
recipients, depending on $final_spam_destiny and/or spam_lovers
settings). If you set:
$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;
along with the settings above (and you have not changed
@spam_lovers_maps from the default) then mail that scores at 19 or
greater will disappear.

> > or, to delete high scoring spam, set this at some level higher than
> > kill_level, e.g.: $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 30;

> Ok.

> >> (Later I want it to be deleted.)
> > I assume you mean you will delete it manually (or programatically).

> I meant "later i want to change the config, so amavis deletes this spam
> instead of mail it to a mailbox."

Ok. Now you know how.

> > You have set:
> >> $final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;
> > This means recipients will receive spam messages regardless of score.
> >  If a spam message scores at 30 (and you have set
> > $sa_kill_level_deflt = 19;) a copy will go to the quarantine and a
> > copy will go to recipient(s). To avoid recipients receiving spam that
> > is also quarantined, you could set: $final_spam_destiny       =
> > D_DISCARD;

> Ok. I'll change that as well.
> Just to be clear: Spam with score lower than 19 is still delivered to
> the recipient, right?

Right.