Dave Augustus wrote:
> I maintain a number of mail servers. The configuration of those are all
> the same except for a few lines. If I put a file containing these
> exceptions in /etc, how would I tell amavisd to include it?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Either by starting amavisd with multiple -c command line options, as in:

    /usr/local/sbin/amavisd \
      -c /etc/amavisd.conf \
      -c /etc/amavisd-custom.conf

or by appending the line:

     include_config_files('/etc/amavisd-custom.conf');

in your primary amavisd.conf file.

 From the RELEASE_NOTES:

- provide two new subroutines available for calling from config files:
   include_config_files() and include_optional_config_files(), each take
   a list of filenames as arguments, and reads & evaluates them just like
   normal configuration files specified on a command line (option -c
   or a default amavisd.conf). This provides a simplified and uniform
   mechanism for 'including' additional configuration files, which formerly
   could be invoked through a perl do() function. The only difference
   between include_config_files and include_optional_config_files is that
   the former aborts if some specified file does not exist, while the later
   silently ignores specified but missing files. Both/each subroutine
   may be called multiple times, recursion is allowed (but some sanity
   limit to recursion is provided); based on a suggestion by Gary V.

   Example line in amavisd.conf:
     include_config_files('/etc/amavisd-custom.conf');