On Tuesday 02 October 2007 2:09:04 pm Ray wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to amavis. I am trying to use the sql lookup for some of the
> @*_*_maps.
> I have found
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql-mysql.txt
> and
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql.txt
> and
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.lookups.txt
> but I don't understand how the query is created.
> any help would be much appreciated.
> Ray

I have gone through the "amavisd.conf-sample" file and have figured out a fair
amount, but I now have more questions.

1)the sample file shown above lists at least 11 different *map variables, but
provides only 3 examples of sql lookups. Can SQL lookups be used for only the
three specified maps, or can I use lookups for any of the others?

2)If sql lookups are available, what variable name do I use for the sql
statement? there doesn't seem to be any pattern to link the map and the
query.

3)are there any other variables available like %k?

Thanks,
Ray