"David Filion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> John wrote:
>> "Matthias Weigel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Hello John,
>>>
>>> the interesting thing is normally at the end: where amavisd hangs. So
>>> just send the last 100 lines.
>>> Also have a look at the file. Maybe you see failing systemcalls or
>>> interesting error messages.
>>>
>>> Matthias
>>
>> The strace.txt is posted, but showed on other place in this tread.
>> Some more things I tried without luck
>> Removed spamassassin-3.1.9.rf and installed the 3.1.9.EL5 instead.-> No
>> luck
>> Downgraded perl-BerkelyDB from 0.31 to 0.30, removed all db's in
>> /var/amavis
>> and tried again. -> No luck
>>
>> I also tried a second system (CentOS5 /X64), and that system suffers from
>> the same problem. So I can't imagine I'm the first one with this problem.
>> on
>> CentOS5.
>>
>> Does anyone has a clue?

> Sorry if you tried this and I missed it, but have you tried installing the
> BerkelyDB module from source instead of using a precompiled version? Same
> with
> amavisd, grab the latest version from the homepage and install it on top
> of
> the RPM versions.
>
> At least this way you'll know you have clean versions that have not been
> patched by a third party.
>
> /david f.

David,

I build my own amavisd-new.rpm 's for a long time now using 2.5.2 and
installed the rpmforge perl-berkelyDB0.31. and build perl-BerkelyDB-0.30
myself based on rpmforge specfile
I using now . perl-Net-Server-0.97-1.el5.rf, I''m going to build a 0.94.rpm
for it, that known to work on my Old Suse install

I received a report that amavisd debug-sa hangs at same point wiith up te
date Debian Etch installs, but the guy also told hat besides that
amavisd-new fuctions normally.

Can Mark comment on this?

John