On 10/10/07, Adam65535 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In my experiences clamav/clamd is much slower than other mail scanners (even
> when up against command line scanners like uvscan).  It is still a very
> useful virus scanner but not fast by any means.  For an example... the
> command line scanner uvscan takes .15 seconds while clamav takes 2.6 seconds
> for the same email.  This trend is throughout the logs.

I've never yet seen clamd take anything close to that on emails.  I
have to add SpamAssassin to the process to get anything close to that
kind of delay.

As a quick test, I ran clamdscan against sample-nonspam.txt (that came
with SpamAssassin some time back) and it took 0.015s.

Now, clamscan, that took 2.6s for the same scan (f-prot took 0.3s,
bitdefender a mind blowing 6.3).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor