Dave,

>    Hey folks, me again.  I've got quite a few domains that are
> considered "local"...sticking them in @local_domains_maps is pretty
> unwieldy.  Is there a way to pull that information from a file, or
> (better for me) a MySQL table?

Apart from Martin Svensson's suggestion, it is also possible
to use the SQL lookups mechanism for the purpose. Thanks to its
defaults (README.lookups, section: Special handling of optional
SQL field 'users.local') it suffices to just provide a record
in table 'users' for each local domain, with some policy record
(possibly the same for all) which may even have all fields left out
or set to NULL, so that all lookups for remaining settings will
fall back to static lookups.