Well after some ideas from the irc guys, I fianlly got my setup
working. Instead of the usual query:

#$sql_select_policy = 'SELECT *,users.id FROM users,policy'.
#        ' WHERE (users.policy_id=policy.id) AND (users.email IN (%k))'.
#        ' ORDER BY users.priority DESC';

I am replacing the value of spam_quarantine_to to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] of
the destination, basically changing the value of the column into:

#IF(ISNULL(spam_quarantine_to),NULL,CONCAT("spam",SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,"@",
2))) as spam_quarantine_to

That way it works like a charm, thank you all !