Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on bypassing spam checking for a mailman
mailing list.

I've started hosting the email for a public announcement mailing list of
~1300+ recipients. I had amavis running on Debian (stable) with postfix,
and successfully checking mail destined for the machine.

But I also host aliases addresses for which mail is relayed elsewhere.
The owners of these domains have asked for spam checking to be done on
relayed mail.

I successfully altered the Debian default settings to include scanning
of relayed mail (by scanning all outgoing mail). However the problem
which now occurs is that all mail sent to the public mailing lists is
being checked, and causing a huge load on the server when ever a single
announcement is made.

How can I have:

    - relayed mail scanned
    - but avoid mailman lists being scanned
    - all messages (spam checked or not) to have headers added.

(the mailman lists are on their own domains which helps).

Below is my current amavis setup (postfix config attached), which seems
to avoid spam checking the original post to the mailing list, but still
checks the mail sent by mailman out to all the recipients.

    chomp($mydomain = `head -n 1 /etc/mailname`);
    @local_domains_maps = ( [qw( . )] );
    @bypass_spam_checks_maps = ( [qw( lists.mydomain.com)] );

I have been googling around for a few days now, and tried many
combinations of configuration I've come across, but with no real luck.

Cheers in advance,

Coops.

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
config_directory = /etc/postfix
home_mailbox = Maildir/
inet_interfaces = all
mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mydestination = localhost.localdomain, localhost
myhostname = *MYACTUALHOSTNAME*
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, *MYEXTERNALIP*
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = *MAILINGLISTDOMAIN*
relayhost =
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
smtpd_recipient_limit = 10
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
permit_mynetworks,      reject_unauth_destination,        check_policy_service
inet:127.0.0.1:60000
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_use_tls = yes
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:accountsmap, ldap:aliases, hash:/etc/aliases
virtual_gid_maps = static:1003
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/domains
virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:domains
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:accounts
virtual_minimum_uid = 1003
virtual_transport = dovecot