In looking at some reports from customers with problems with Amavis, we've
added a DB_CONFIG file to help raise some of the values from their defaults
of 1000.  However, the reported data coming back from BDB makes no sense.
Given that BDB works just fine and as it should with OpenLDAP in relation
to locks, lockers, and lock objects, it makes me wonder if there's a bug in
how Amavis is talking to BDB.  For example, the following db_stat -c output
makes no sense:

1000 Maximum number of locks possible.
2500 Maximum number of lockers possible.
2500 Maximum number of lock objects possible.
1214406 Number of current locks.
1214410 Maximum number of locks at any one time.
1992 Number of current lockers.
2001 Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
4 Number of current lock objects.
8 Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.

If there's only 1,000 locks possible, how in the world is it using 1.2
million current locks?

Also, this DB reported the following error:

Feb 12 04:06:26 mta02 amavis[22210]: (!)_DIE: Suicide in child_init_hook:
BDB no dbS: Lock table is out of available locker entries, . at (eval 82)
line 30.\n

Given that there are 2500 max lockers, and it has only hit 2001, how can it
be out of available locker entries?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount