I am still curious:
 is there any reason *not* to use leading zeros by default?

I'd really like to see this patch included.

Thanks,
 Andy.

Feb 11th I wrote:
> > Back in good ol' 2007 I suggested to change
> >   $1 eq 'SCORE' ? (0+sprintf("%.3f",$spam_level+$boost))
> >   $1 eq 'SCORE' ? (sprintf("%05.2f",$spam_level+$boost))
> >
> > in sub add_forwarding_header_edits_per_recip.
> > I would think this makes more sense to everybody, doesn't it?
>
> Apparently it doesn't.
> Why would you want a leading zero, and trailing zeroes?

Sorting of the subject field in the MUA doesn't work w/o leading zeros.

I (and my collegues) get hundreds of SPAMs every day.  You can't
review all of them for FP, so we just sort them by subject
and only look at the ones with a lower score.  Without the leading
zeros mails with a score of e.g. 8 show up next to the ones with a
score of 80, etc.

I am curious: is there any reason *not* to use leading zeros?

Bye,
 Andy.

--
 43rd Law of Computing: