On Sat, March 15, 2008 12:46 am, William Yodlowsky wrote:

>> ooops...sorry..
>>
>> thanks, Mark, now installed fine, hopefully the error will go away...
>> (and, I've fixed most of the fuzzyOCR stuff, as well)
>>

> Would you mind sharing what you've found with fuzzyocr?  I have the same
> problem and it seems to be environment/path related but haven't had the
> time to really find out what's going on.

ahem, at the risk of embarrassing myself, and/or, admitting total
incompetence, sure, why not:

I never managed to successfully build the netpbm executables, so, I didn't
have them, and, didn't really worry

I tried to build them, it again failed, used the --keep-going, still failed
(obviously there is a reason, I'm missing something....)

anyhow, reviewing netpbm docs on sf.net I came across some RPMs with ready
made executables...

so, I've installed the ready made executables from rpm...
hower, I think I'm still missing 'pam-something' and 'someother', they
seem to be in another RPM, that I aim to search for this weekend

so, now I no longer get amavisd startup error listing all netpbm
executables as absent

(somehow, I don't think that's what you were after...)

--
Voytek