I have users that need to send executables and the like via email,
currently, amavis rejects them with 'banned message', asking for encrypted
ZIPs (see below)

I edited /etc/amavis.conf as below, adding 'zip'
----
### BLOCK THE FOLLOWING, EXCEPT WITHIN UNIX ARCHIVES:
# ve 04/04/2008 added 'zip' below
  [ qr'^\.(zip|gz|bz2)$'             => 0 ],  # allow any in gzip or bzip2
  [ qr'^\.(rpm|cpio|tar)$'       => 0 ],  # allow any in Unix-type archives

  qr'.\.(pif|scr)$'i,                     # banned extensions - rudimentary
# qr'^\.zip$',                            # block zip type

### BLOCK THE FOLLOWING, EXCEPT WITHIN ARCHIVES:
  [ qr'^\.(zip|rar|arc|arj|zoo)$'=> 0 ],  # allow any within these archives
----
reloaded amavis,, but still get rejected

rejection message:

----

BANNED message from you (multipart/mixed |
application/x-zip-compressed,.zip,BitTorrent-6.0.2.zip |

BANNED CONTENTS ALERT

Our content checker found
    banned name: multipart/mixed |
      application/x-zip-compressed,.zip,BitTorrent-6.0.2.zip |
      .exe,.exe-ms,BitTorrent-6.0.2.exe

in email presumably from you <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
to the following recipient:
-> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Our internal reference code for your message is 21441-13/ukQylTiZOs+w

The message has been blocked because it contains a component
(as a MIME part or nested within) with declared name
or MIME type or contents type violating our access policy.

- encrypted using pgp, gpg or other encryption methods;

- wrapped in a password-protected or scrambled container or archive
  (e.g.: zip -e, arj -g, arc g, rar -p, or other methods)
----

--
Voytek