Ok, I'm not sure what has happened, but my own email address along with
many of my users is being used as a forged sender address for a lot of
spam, and I'm getting pummeled by backscatter (as in I just came back from
lunch after having cleared them out and had 27 more delivery failure
messages waiting on me - many users on my system are experiencing similar
volumes).

I was thinking: given that the proper way to generate a bounce is to have
the actual outgoing server generate it to it's own users, does anyone here
see any issue with configuring rules that would block any delivery failure
messages that aren't originating from my own server?

Thanks.

Mike Gaskins