Looking for additional load balance/fault tolerant options, including
having clamav (clamd scan?) 'av' list in amavisd.conf use a remote clamd
scanner as backup.

seems that NORMALLY, clamd (even with tcp socket on remote computer)
expects the file it does a lstat() on to be local, so, remote scanning
isn't possible.

(its in the clam av api, just not supported by clamd)

I came across this program: clamd-stream-cl.  looks like it does what I
want it to.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamd-stream-cl/

anyone ever use it? or have a different way for amavisd to pass a file
to a remote clamd server?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Main: 561-999-5000, Office: 561-939-7259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
Winner 2008 Technosium hot company award.
www.technosium.com/hotcompanies/ <http://www.technosium.com/hotcompanies/>