Hi
I have the same problem on a new server running amavisd-new-2.6.0 (from ports)
on FreeBSD 6.3 and /var/amavis/tmp on 512m ramdisk.

Bill Landry skrev:
> Mark Martinec wrote:
>> What happens if you provide a username with an -u uption, e.g.:
>>   # amavisd -u vscan reload
I get "error loading optional module"
>> vs.
>>   # amavisd stop
>>   # amavisd -u vscan start
I get "error loading optional module"

>> Anyway, the 'Permission denied' looks like these perl modules
>> or one of their parent directories were not accessible as
>> user vscan/amavis. Please check permissions of .pm files and all
>> their parent directories. Make sure you do not have two copies
>> of Perl module trees, or at least that they are consistent.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# find / -name Fast.pm
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CGI/Fast.pm
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# su vscan
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# head /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CGI/Fast.pm
package CGI::Fast;

# See the bottom of this file for the POD documentation.  Search for the
# string '=head'.

# You can run this file through either pod2man or pod2html to produce pretty
# documentation in manual or html file format (these utilities are part of the
# Perl 5 distribution).

# Copyright 1995,1996, Lincoln D. Stein.  All rights reserved.

But if I stop and start with rc-script from ports I can use "amavisd reload" ?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/amavisd stop
Stopping amavisd.
Waiting for PIDS: 16411.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/amavisd start
Starting amavisd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]# amavisd reload
Daemon [16587] terminated by SIGTERM, waiting for dust to settle...
becoming a new daemon...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /]#

/Max