Leonardo,

I must confess that I didn't read your message really careful. And as
I'm using a partitioned db scheme since a little while your statement
doesn't directly meet my scenario. Foreign keys are no longer required
in a partitioned setup - you are even unable to use them (this is true
at least for MySQL). See also:

http://www.mail-archive.com/amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11537.html

Your statement that docs / db examples are not always at the "bleeding
edge" is correct - but IMO this is not sooo bad, as:

- people installing amavisd-new on small hosting servers usually are
   using their distro's packages - and most of the how-to-build-a-big-
   isp-like-mailserver guides out there are well done, should fix these
   scenarios and work with stable distros available today

- who is going to set up a "large" installation is (hopefully) knowing
   what he is doing - and once he is at a point where he absolutely needs
   db partitioning he (she) should also have a strong db optimization
   background.

   In such scenarios there are probably also other components this db is
   going to be connected to, so the "out-of-the-box-scheme" will most of
   the times not fix all needs, even if such thing is what most of us
   would really appreciate ;-)

- Mark is doing a great work - and as far as I understood most of it by
   himself. We should (instead of simply complaining) better try to clean
   up the docs and ask if someone could correct what we did - that's what
   OSS should look like ;-p

- Amavisd-new's changelog is really well done - and a great complement
   to the README files. Whoever is going to install a bleeding-edge
   amavisd-new should it!

- There is still nowhere (docs, changelog, ML) a ready-to-run db-scheme
   for a partitioned setup. If there is interest I could provide my one,
   but without knowing if there wouldn't be a better way of doing things.
   It's just what I figured out to fit my personal needs.

- Partition-type and -size depends in most cases on what you want to do
   with your quarantine. So just copy & paste default db scheme would
   not really help - but such an example could be a hint of how things
   COULD be done.

Regards,
Thomas Gelf