I have been wondering about how to improve spam classification for my
clients and ended up with an idea that should be possible with amavis.

I have been using only spamassassin for spam anslysis and I *really* love
the possibility I have to improve that due to its rules.
Besides this, I not so sure about its bayes effectiveness. I usually deploy
it using wide-level settings instead of user-level settings for bayes and I
know this will reduce its classification power...
But, the major drawback is classification feedback from users due to wide
settings and many different flavors of e-mail clients, web interfaces etc.

So, how about take advantage of dspam native classification method and keep
spamassassin only with rules, like this:

Amavis grabs email message and pass it thru SA rules to score it.
If the score - according to your settings - is high, set it as spam and
classify it as spam in dspam.
If not, pass it thru dspam and classify it as legitimate.
(User can set it as spam later, for instance).

Using this approach, users will have the (nice) dspam interface to report
spam/ham and user feedback about classification is pretty straightforward.

Let me know what you people think of it.

Regards, Neto.