Patrick Baer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I feel a bit dumb asking this question, but...
>
> I have a pretty buggy spamassassin issue here and need to use an
> external amavis-server while debugging, otherwise the whole company will
> be after me soon :)
>
> The problem is, I cannot connect to 10024 of the machine. I have
> searched over the net, and found tons of advice to LIMIT the access to
> localhost, but not a single word how to ALLOW from everywhere. Could you
> help me?

- first amavisd-new must be configured to listen on a "reachable" IP.
$ grep inet_socket amavisd.conf-sample
#$inet_socket_bind = undef;       # bind to all IP interfaces if undef

$ grep inet_acl amavisd.conf-sample
@inet_acl = qw(127.0.0.1 [::1]);  # allow SMTP access only from localhost IP
[EMAIL PROTECTED] = qw(127.0.0.0/8 [::1] 10.1.0.1 10.1.0.2);  # adjust list as
needed

make sure to configure your firewall to allow the connection.