> Is this a case of local recipients forwarding to non-local domains
> (aliases pointing to non-local recipeints)? I believe in this case the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] address would be rewritten as
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry, should have read user+spam, not spam+user. This alias seems to
get the +spam when address rewriting is disabled before amavisd-new,
but is enabled  after amavisd-new. In other words:

smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
  -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
  -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings