> >1) is it correct that if the banned spots a mail, that it doesn't go
> >onto span scoring?

correct

> >2) can I tell it to spam check them anyway?

Scanning stops once a 'hit' occurs.
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#checks

> >3) Since I don't Ban anything , could i disable that part, and then
> >it would pick up the spam score?

Yes, you can either disable banned checks or remove tests from
$banned_filename_re

>The best I have been able to find is that killing off virus or spam
>checking is done by commenting out @bypass_x_maps - But there isn't
>one for the banned!!!  so I am at square one again...

Yes there is one. Read amavisd.conf-sample and amavisd.conf-defaults.
@bypass_banned_checks_maps = (1);

However, you say you don't ban anything, yet you ARE banning stuff.
What you ban is being controlled by what is inside
$banned_filename_re = new_RE( );

As an alternate to bypassing banned checks, you could simply remove or
comment out everything between the parentheses. Comment that stuff
out. Problem solved.