Thomas,

> We've been using a custom system to handle email quarantine for
> sometime - all our quarantined mail is sent via smtp to a quarantine
> server, where a custom delivery agent delivers it to the appropriate
> place.
>
> We'd like to switch to a sql quarantine, but we need to transition our
> web interface and some other software.
>
> Is it possible to quarantine to sql and to an smtp address both?

Normally quarantining goes to one location only, with the exception
that archival quarantine works independently of regular quarantine.
If you can use archival quarantine for your purpose it would probably
be the least work.

Other options are: modify sub do_notify_and_quarantine and
provide additional calls to do_quarantine() from there,
perhaps hard-coding its arguments.

Or call do_quarantine() from custom hooks - from before_send,
after_send or mail_done hooks:

  Amavis::do_quarantine($conn, $msginfo, undef,
                        ['[EMAIL PROTECTED]'], 'local:all-%m');
or
  Amavis::do_quarantine($conn, $msginfo, undef,
                        ['[EMAIL PROTECTED]'], 'sql:');
or:
  Amavis::do_quarantine($conn, $msginfo, undef,
             ['[EMAIL PROTECTED]'],
              'smtp:[10.1.2.3]:25:[EMAIL PROTECTED]');

You can test there whether mail was already quarantined
by examining $msginfo->quarantined_to for being true.