> I recently had an email message blocked that I'm confused on.  Initially
> we had thought that it was blocked because of the .docx attachment, but
> when we checked it was blocked as spam, not as a banned file.  Examining
> the headers showed the following line for X-Spam-Status.  All triggered
> rules should cause a score of -1.44, which shows, but then there is a +40
> appended after that indicating a higher score.  What would cause this
> score modification?
>
> Yes, score=-1.44+40 tag=-999 tag2=5 kill=5 tests=[ALL_TRUSTED=-1.44]

What version of amavisd? This MIGHT be the bouncekiller feature.

Newer version of amavisd shows an 'amboost' to identify it.

You using any sane security rules that add points based on clamav rules?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer