I've just used Lukasz Trabinski rpm's to put amavisd-new 2.6.1 onto a
couple of Fedora 10 box's. I'm doing this so I can configure DKIM
signing and virus scanning for outbound mail. Inbound mail to these
nodes has already been filtered by my box's outside the local network.

Firstly, having looked at DKIM a couple of times previously, my thanks
to Mark for doing such a great job on making this so easy to deploy.

Following the on-line docs I've had no problem setting up the signing
and outbound mail is correctly being signed.

The only problem I seem to have is that inbound mail from the external
relays is being re-scanned. Not a major problem but I'd like to fix
this. As I only want to filter outbound traffic I've set-up ports 10026
& 10027 as per the on-line docs. I've used

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
    check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/tag_as_originating.re

to tag for filtering. Which is where I must have gone wrong as all mail
gets triggered for filtering. I don't have any of the external relay's
in mynetworks for either amavisd.conf or main.cf. I have tried numerous
options to prevent the external mail from not triggering the filter.

While I think the other way of setting this up would be to add an alias
address on the internal mail server and to separate the feeds in
master.cf I wanted to check which method of configuration is generally
preferred. I'd also like to fix my current configuration, just for my
own understanding.

thanks

Alan