Hello!

I'm trying to find out email delays are abnormally big on my mail host.
It's postfix + amavisd-new.

I increased amavis log verbosity (log_level=3 in amavisd.conf), and
detailed timings show that most of the time is taken for SpamAssassin
checks.
  parts_decode: 0 (0%)2,
  check_header: 1 (0%)2,
  AV-scan-1: 4 (0%)2,
  spam-wb-list: 1 (0%)2,
  SA parse: 1 (0%)2,
  SA check: 3387 (98%)99,  <- SpamAssassin is slow...
  update_cache: 3 (0%)100,
  decide_mail_destiny: 1 (0%)100,
  lookup_ldap: 2 (0%)100,
  fwd-connect: 3 (0%)100,
  fwd-mail-pip: 4 (0%)100,

Turning off network-based checks in spamassassin solved the problem, and
active queue of 11K messages was delivered in several minutes.

Now I'm trying to find which check takes too much.
I enabled $sa_debug in amavis log file, but was not able to find
SpamAssassin's logs anywhere in the /var/log?
Where does it go? If it's logged with syslog, what is default
facility/level? Running amavis with debug-sa is not an option: there's
too much traffic on this box.
I was unable to find an answer in amavis/SA docs, source code or this
list archives.