Daniel Luttermann wrote:

> Jeff Grossman wrote on 15.04.2009:
>
>> I have just started using Amavis and have a question regarding an
>> discrepancy between the Spamassassin header in a spam message and the
>> Spamassassin report included in the spam notification.
>
>> Here is the report in the spam notification:
>
>> Content analysis details:   (22.0 points, 5.0 required)
>
> Looks like the default spamassassin settings from local.cf.
>
>> And, here is the report in the header of the quarantined message:

>>      tests=[AV:Sanesecurity.Junk.8084.UNOFFICIAL=0, AV_SS=7.5,
>> BAYES_99=7,
>>      FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK=3.116, FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML=0.001,
>>      FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
>> MIME_HTML_ONLY=1.457,
>>      MSOE_MID_WRONG_CASE=0.82, SUBJ_ALL_CAPS=2.077] autolearn=spam
>
>> How come the required value is only 5 in the spam notification while
>> in the config files and the header it shows as 8?
>
> Spamassassin uses a default score of 5.0 (local.cf). When you run
> spamassassin as user root or another user then the settings from
> local.cf are used because you run spamassassin directly.
>
> amavis runs as user "amavis" (or another dedicated user) and uses the
> settings from amavisd.conf when it calls spamassassin.

But, the line above which says "5.0 required" is coming from the Amavis
spam notification e-mail.  I am not running Spamassassin as root.
Spamassassin is only being run from Amavis, and Amavis is displaying too
different required values based on where I look.  In the header of the
e-mail it is showing correctly, but in the body of the Amavis spam
notification e-mail it is displaying incorrectly.

> The spam score itself are nearly the same (22.0 points) so it's OK.
>
> See also:
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

Thanks for your help.

Jeff