Mark Martinec wrote:

First off, sorry for the previous inadvertent off-list reply.

>> Mark, would you consider including the following perl modules as
>> additional "Prerequisites" in the INSTALL document:
>>    Convert::BinHex
>
>> fetch_modules: error loading optional module MIME/Decoder/BinHex.pm:
>>   Can't locate Convert/BinHex.pm in @INC
>
> The Convert::BinHex is not used directly by amavisd nor by SpamAssassin.
> It is a dependancy from a MIME-Tools perl module. Seems like whoever
> did the package for MIME-Tools forgot to specify this dependency.
>
> In FreeBSD ports the dependency is clearly stated in the MIME-Tools' Makefile,
> so installing the mail/p5-MIME-Tools port brings in the Convert/BinHex.pm
> port automatically.
>
> It would be futile for amavisd to try an track any indirect dependencies
> from subordinate modules.

After sending my last response, I started wondering why the missing
Convert::BinHex module was not an issue for amavisd-new until after the
upgrade from v2.6.2 to v2.6.3-rc2, if "not used directly by amavisd", as
you state above?  SpamAssassin v3.2.5 was running both before and after
the amavisd-new upgrade, so the only thing that changed was amavisd-new.

Just curious...  Thanks!

Bill