hi jeff

> I am running Amavisd-new 2.6.2 from the Debian testing system.  Not sure
> when they will get the new 2.6.3 version setup.  I noticed that Thomas
> Mueller has the newer 2.6.3 setup in a deb form on his website at
> http://chaschperli.ch/debian/lenny/.  I was wondering if anybody had a
> preference for which version to use?  Debian's or Thomas's.  Can I just
> install Thomas's version over the top of the Debian one, or do I need to
> uninstall the Debian one first?

original intent of the amavisd-new in chaschperli.ch repo was to provide
one patched with crm114. but this patch is now integrated upstream.

for the 2.6.3 from chaschperli.ch i took the debian package "forward-
ported" it to 2.6.3 (not much changed). version number is "backports.org"
style. so if debian testing comes with the new version the official
debian package will take over again.

so you should be able to safely install my version and then go on with
the official debian version - at least for me this is working on 3
machines with lenny.

- Thomas