Hello list,

I'm trying to create a filter for a customer who doesn't want he's
employees to send any type of attachment, but wants them to be able to
receive some. I know that the best way to do this is to create policies,
and it does work, except for the fact that I can't seem to find a way to
tell postfix to apply a filter based on each recipient of the message.
So, if the user send's an e-mail to us...@example.com (internal account
allowing some extensions) and to u...@example2.com (external account,
should block all extensions), postfix will match the filter to the
internal account and deliver it to amavisd on a policy that will allow
the attachment to go through to the external account. So I thought of
using banned_filename_maps on the default policy, like this:

@banned_filename_maps = (
  { 'us...@example.com' => 'ALLOWATTACHMENT',
    'us...@example.com' => 'ALLOWATTACHMENT',
    '@example.com' => 'MYNETS-DEFAULT',
    '.' => 'BLOCKALL',
  },
);

What I found is that mail sent to us...@example.com matches
'us...@example.com', '@example.com' and '.', the latest blocking all
extensions, causing the mail to be blocked, even if previously allowed
by the map defined by 'us...@example.com' => 'ALLOWATTACHMENT'. So, my
question is, why does it keep looking for matches even after it has
already found one? And why does the '.' match overrides the previous
one, much more specific?

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Giovani Moda

signature database 4037 (20090427) __________

http://www.eset.com