> got an email with bad 8 bit  (spam)
>
> spammers uses decimal 240 in place of space in subject line.
>
> clamav sees spam: (sane security) but sa doesnt' (I don't think amavisd
> passed it to spamassassin)

> Subject: Her\240night\240moans\240gua[...]
> tests=[AV:Sanesecurity.Junk.15877.UNOFFICIAL=0] autolearn=unavailable

Second issue: it didn't quarantine it as a bad header either.
In amavisd.conf, have:

$bad_header_quarantine_method='sql:';
$spam_quarantine_method='sql:';

(and I know spam quarantine works)

In sql policy, have:

         virus_quarantine_to: NULL
          spam_quarantine_to: NULL
        banned_quarantine_to: NULL
    bad_header_quarantine_to: NULL
         clean_quarantine_to: sql:

(and I know clean quarantine works.. In fact, that bad header one got
'clean' quarantined)

Using sql policy,

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer