Hi list,

I'm facing an strange problem with amavis. I have a created a rule to
block all outgoing attachments from MYNETS, as follow:

$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {
  originating => 1,
  terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0,
  bypass_banned_checks_maps => [ @local_domains_maps ],
  banned_filename_maps => ['BLOCKALL'],
};

%banned_rules = (
  'BLOCKALL' => new_RE(
        [ qr'^\.[a-zA-Z0-9]*$'   => 1 ] ),
  'MYNETS-DEFAULT' => new_RE(
    [ qr'^\.(rpm|cpio|tar|zip|rar)$' => 0 ],
    qr'.\.(vbs|pif|scr)$'i,
    qr'.\.(exe|vbs|pif|scr|bat|cmd|com|cpl)$'i,
    qr'^\.(exe-ms)$', # banned file(1) types
  ),
  'DEFAULT' => $banned_filename_re,
);

All clients are Outlook Express configured to send mail only as plain
text. It was working 'till a few hours ago, when all mail sent from
internal addresses were blocked:

amavis[7743]: (07743-10) Blocked BANNED (text/plain,.asc), MYNETS LOCAL
[192.168.0.33] [192.168.0.33] <inter...@addres.com> ->
<outgo...@address.com>, quarantine: badh-3qdj59cxln10,
banned-3qdj59cxln10, Message-ID:
<00b601c9e54b$4cef9f50$2100a...@recepcao1>, mail_id: 3qdj59cxln10, Hits:
-0.911, size: 696, 1561 ms

So I had to change BLOCKALL to

  'BLOCKALL' => new_RE(
        [ qr'^text/plain$'i => 0],
        [ qr'^\.[a-zA-Z0-9]*$'   => 1 ] ),

In order to allow mail to go through again. Anyone can explain why
amavis is blocking a plain text e-mail, all of the sudden? No parameter
in amavisd.conf where changed, I've checked Outlook Express to make sure
that no attachments where included on the message and that it was indeed
being sent as plain text. Everything was the same as before, when it was
working, but mail gets blocked unless I allow plain/text extensions to
go through.

Thanks in advance,

Giovani

signature database 4131 (20090604) __________