Michael,

> looking at a previous users tests of amavisd 2.6.3.
> from 2.6.2_3, it worked.
>
> I used all three tests at sanesecurity:
> http://sanesecurity.com/usage.htm
>
> and got them to pass with 2.6.2.
> with 2.6.3, the html body one fails.
>
> besides default amavisd.conf, I have these local modifications: (which
> worked in 2.6.2)
>
> $bypass_decode_parts = 0;
>
> @keep_decoded_original_maps = (new_RE(
>   qr'^MAIL$',   # retain full original message for virus checking
>   qr'^MAIL-UNDECIPHERABLE$', # recheck full mail if ...
>   qr'^(ASCII(?! cpio)|text|uuencoded|xxencoded|binhex)'i,
> # qr'^Zip archive data',     # don't trust Archive::Zip
> ));

Well, I don't know. I tried all three Sanesecurity test patterns
in their intended location, and they were all detected by ClamAV.

The qr'^MAIL$' in @keep_decoded_original_maps ensures the
full message is passed intact to clamd, so it should detect
the presence of a pattern in a HTML part. Does the command line
clamscan detect it, when you give it the full mail message
extracted from your mailbox?

> second issue:
>
> emails with bad headers are bouncing back, even through I have:
>
> $final_bad_header_destiny = D_DISCARD;

But for what reason are they bouncing? Perhaps they
are infected or banned, besides having a bad header.
Log level 5 of the incident is required please.