Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Apparently you are correct. When you say "the path," are
you talking about $PATH in /etc/profile? Also does that apply to most of the
common extractors (arj, rar, etc.)?

Mark Martinec wrote:
> gw1500se,
>

>> I am trying to add an extractor (cabextract) to amavis and it is not clear
>> to me how to do this. I see from the docs that there is an 'extractors'
>> parameter but I don't see one in my sample config file. Does it have a
>> preferred position in the file? It also appears to me that the parameter
>> just takes the name of an extractor. Where/how do I specify the path?
>>

> Perhaps you have mistaken a now discontinued project AMaViS-ng
> with amavisd-new. The amavisd-new does support cabextract
> out of the box, as long as it can find an executable named
> 'cabextract' in the path. More control over it can be asserted
> through a table @decoders.
>
>   Mark

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try
bing_1x1