Andreas,

> I just tried to upgrade an amavisd-new-2.5.0 to 2.6.3
> On the system is no Antispam Software installed.
>
> on startup I got this failure:
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Amavis::SpamControl" at
> /usr/local/amavisd-new-2.6.3/amavisd line 13878.
>
> I solved the failure by inderting "$extra_code_antispam = 0;"
> just before "$spamcontrol_obj = Amavis::SpamControl->new  if
> $extra_code_antispam;"
>
> Is there no other was to disable AntiSpam ?

It was a bug, now fixed in 2.6.4(-rc2).

BUG FIXES

- amavisd failed to start when spam scanning was disabled either
  by @bypass_spam_checks_maps=(1) or by @spam_scanners=(), giving:
    Can't locate object method "new" via package "Amavis::SpamControl"
  As a workaround one could use a @spam_scanners=(undef) to disable spam
  scanning;