> Hallo Michael,
>

>> We have systems with multi master (dual master and more).  We had to
>> remove
>> the foreign key constraints long ago. (for that and other reasons).
>>
> So you advise me to just drop them?
> ALTER TABLE `quarantine` DROP FOREIGN KEY `quarantine_ibfk_1`;
> ALTER TABLE `msgs` DROP FOREIGN KEY `msgs_ibfk_1`;
> ALTER TABLE `msgrcpt` DROP FOREIGN KEY `msgrcpt_ibfk_1`;
> ALTER TABLE `msgrcpt` DROP FOREIGN KEY `msgrcpt_ibfk_2`;

You have to and they really help you if you depend on them to automatically
cleanup up orphan records.

> I am using the current week as the number for the partition tag. Since I have
> just two systems where Amavisd-New is running I added on system 1 additionally
> 100 to the week number and on system 2 I have added 200 to the week number.

You did added the modulus 100 to make sure that mysql replication didn't end
up with an email address on server 1 with a id of 101 and the same email
address on server 2 with a id of 201? (or whatever)

Yes, that seems to be one way to make sure you don't have duplicate key
error, and by using a cleaver query (mod or, maybe coalesce) you can 'merge'
the partitions together to do queries.

> DELETE FROM msgs WHERE MOD(partition_tag,100) < WEEK(NOW(),3);
> DELETE FROM msgrcpt WHERE MOD(partition_tag,100) < WEEK(NOW(),3);
> DELETE FROM quarantine WHERE MOD(partition_tag,100) < WEEK(NOW(),3);
> DELETE FROM maddr WHERE MOD(partition_tag,100) < WEEK(NOW(),3);

If you created these with REAL partitions, then you could alter table drop
partition (which is even faster)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer