Carlos,

> I am confused about my current configuration and it working properly.
> In my amavisd.conf file, I show the following parameters:

>>$max_servers = 15;            # num of pre-forked children (2..30 is common),
>>-m
>>$daemon_user  = "amavis";     # (no default;  customary: vscan or amavis), -u
>>$daemon_group = "amavis";     # (no default;  customary: vscan or amavis), -g

>> $mydomain = 'iamunix.com';   # a convenient default for other settings

>> $MYHOME = '/var/amavis';   # a convenient default for other settings, -H
>> $TEMPBASE = "$MYHOME/tmp";   # working directory, needs to exist, -T
>> $ENV{TMPDIR} = $TEMPBASE;    # environment variable TMPDIR, used by SA, etc.
>> $QUARANTINEDIR = "/var/virusmails";

>> $db_home   = "$MYHOME/db";      # dir for bdb nanny/cache/snmp databases, -D
>> $helpers_home = "$MYHOME/var";  # working directory for SpamAssassin, -S
>> $lock_file = "$MYHOME/var/amavisd.lock";  # -L
>> $pid_file  = "$MYHOME/var/amavisd.pid";   # -P

>> @local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );  # list of all local domains

>> $interface_policy{'10026'} = 'ORIGINATING';

>> $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {  # mail supposedly originating from our users
>> originating => 1,  # declare that mail was submitted by our smtp client
>> allow_disclaimers => 1,  # enables disclaimer insertion if available
>> # notify administrator of locally originating malware
>> virus_admin_maps => ["virusale...@$mydomain"],
>> spam_admin_maps  => ["virusale...@$mydomain"],
>> warnbadhsender   => 1,
>> # forward to a smtpd service providing DKIM signing service
>> forward_method => 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10027',
>> # force MTA conversion to 7-bit (e.g. before DKIM signing)
>> smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords => ['8BITMIME'],
>> bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],  # allow sending any file names and types
>> terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0,  # don't remove NOTIFY=SUCCESS option
>> };

> It appears to me that Postfix sends the message to Amavisd on port
> 10024. Then its passed to ClamAV and then from there it's passed back
> to Amavisd-new but I am confused because I thought something happened
> on port 10025 as noted in my Postfix master.cf:

>> amavisfeed unix    -       -       n        -     15     lmtp
>>   -o lmtp_data_done_timeout=1200
>>   -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
>>   -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
>>   -o max_use=20

>> 127.0.0.1:10025 inet n    -       n       -       -     smtpd
>>   -o content_filter=
>>   -o smtpd_delay_reject=no
>>   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
>>   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
>>   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
>>   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
>>   -o smtpd_data_restrictions=reject_unauth_pipelining
>>   -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
>>   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
>>   -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
>>   -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
>>   -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
> [...]

Looks good...

Port 10025 ist the standard port that amavisd is using - no need to
set this value in amavisd.conf because it's defined in amavisd
directly.

Readme.Postfix:

The first parameter, $forward_method, specifies where amavisd-new should
transport scanned messages to, while the second parameter, $notify_method,
specifies where notifications about scanned messages should be transported
to.

By default amavisd uses 127.0.0.1 on port 10025 to contact a SMTP server
for reinjection of filtered messages. Unless a different IP address or
port should be used, no modifications must be applied and this section can
be skipped.

--
Daniel