* Diego Gil <diego_do...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> hello, I was doing the upgrade debian etch to lenny. Everything went
> perfect under amavisd-new. It is hung on "Creating / updating user
> account Amavis ...", I think that this is an issue over which debian
> Amavis, but if anyone has any idea how to solve it I would appreciate
> that, thanks.

The update process calls

"/var/lib/dpkg/info/amavisd-new.postinst configure"

You might want to add a "set -x" to the beginning of that script and
then issue a "dpkg --configure --pending" and look at the debugging
output.

That said, those are some simple adduser/addgroup calls - if they
fail, there is something seriously wrong with your system.

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
FdI #295: Garantierte Rechnersicherheit - Den roten Pilz in den gelben Grund