Spam = S, spammy = s

Please note that MySQL is case insensitive on many string comparsion
functions with certain encodings. Therefore if using VARCHAR or CHAR
"s" == "S" could be true for your system. Either change your columns
to VARBINARY or BINARY - or use the BINARY() function when comparing
values.

If running a large DB you should definitively change column types, as
using string functions in your WHERE statements is seldom a good idea
(performance-wise).

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf