Hi all,

I'm new in this mailing-list  and also as clamav-user so sorry for my
elementary questions.
With my configuration gentoo, postfix ( 2.2.11-r1), amavisd-new (2.5.2) and
ClamAV 0.95.2 sometimes when my mailserver receives emails with attachments,
clamd stops working and also clamscan dies as indicated in the following amavis
logs:

Aug 17 03:42:59 scilla.sestante.net /usr/sbin/amavisd[10531]: (10531-12)
(!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: virus_scan: ALL VIRUS SCANNERS
FAILED: ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: CODE(0x8011a434) Too many retries to
talk to /var/amavis/clamd.sock (Can't connect to UNIX socket
/var/amavis/clamd.sock: Connection refused) at (eval 67) line 310. at (eval 67)
line 511.; ClamAV-clamscan av-scanner FAILED: /usr/bin/clamscan DIED on signal
11 (000b) at (eval 67) line 511.

I took a look also to clamd.log but there are not FATAL evidence.

After this trouble, the crashing emails remain in my postqueue and i cannot
restart clamd until I delete them.

How can I find where is the problem and how can I solve it?

Please Help Me

F.