On 8/29/2009 10:17 PM, Mike Cappella wrote:
> On 8/29/09 9:57 PM, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>>>>

>>>   FYI:  It all comes from this amavis log line (ymmv):
>>>
>>>   Aug 29 16:02:20 glacier amavis[14742]: SpamAssassin loaded plugins:
>>>   AWL, AutoLearnThreshold, Bayes, BodyEval, Check, DCC, DKIM, DNSEval,
>>>   HTMLEval, HTTPSMismatch, Hashcash, HeaderEval, ImageInfo, MIMEEval,
>>>   MIMEHeader, Pyzor, Razor2, RelayEval, ReplaceTags, SPF, SpamCop,
>>>   URIDNSBL, URIDetail, URIEval,
>>
>> The problem is that line doesn't tell you how the module was loaded.  In
>> my case it was a .pre file located in /usr/share/spamassassin that was
>> causing my problems.  During my initial troubleshooting I was only
>> looking in /etc/spamassassin and /etc/amavis/conf.d which is where I
>> thought all configuration files were located.
>
> Understood; it was just an FYI clarifying where the data comes from,
> and that amavis-logwatch is only reporting what it is reads.
>
> And amavis doesn't likely know in which file the directive resides.
> You can use a command such as this:
>
> # use sudo or su, as per your preference
> # change the -u user to suit your config
>
> $ sudo -H -u amavis spamassassin -t -Dall some-test-file  2>&1 | egrep
> 'AWL|config: read file'
>
> to give you a list of .cf files to grep, and verify the loading of AWL
> (or any plugin for that matter).
>
> --
> Mike
Thank you for that.  That line would have saved me a little bit of time
because it would have told me exactly where my problem was.  I used a
similar line by somebody else on the list and was able to figure it out
by going to the lint output.

Thanks again for everybody's help on this.  I was able to figure it out
and it was a conf file that I didn't even know existed.

Jeff