Hi everyone,

I am trying to see if it's possible when hosting mail for multiple domains if
it's possible to get the actual domain to which the message belongs in all the
email headers instead of always having it fall back to the "main"
domain/hostname.

I think the following header is written out by amavisd-new (please correct me
if I'm wrong):

        by localhost (diamond.example.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
        with ESMTP id 26IWMZMJeY2B for <u...@somewhere.com>;
        Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

In my case, the local machine hostname is "diamond.example.com" and it is also
my mail server, "mail.example.com".  But in this case, the message is being
sent by a user in a domain called, say, "other.com".  I have a Postfix
configuration where its headers are added using "other.com", but this header is
the problem.

It seems that "diamond.example.com" in this header is just caused by amavis
grabbing the local machine hostname (problem #1 - is this possible to change?).

But as for how amavis got "mail.example.com", I am not entirely sure, since the
handoff came from a Postfix instance where its mydomain is "other.com" and its
myhostname is "mail.other.com" (problem #2 - where does this come from and can
I change it?).

Problem #3 is in regard to the handoff back to Postfix.  Is is possible to
determine the mydomain from what Postfix is using and then change the
$notify_method and $forward_method according to that domain?

I really appreciate any tips.