Alan,

> I've set-up a site to use altermime to sign all outbound mail and all's
> been working well for some months now.
>
> Some of the Outlook users have now complained that they don't like the
> signing at the bottom of the mail when they reply to an email. While
> this is clearly due to MS encouraging people to top-post I wanted to see
> if I could disable signing for replies.
>
> I haven't found anything from searching so I thought I would check here.

See release notes:

  To make it possible to provide different disclaimer texts when hosting
  multiple domains, there is an experimental additional configuration
  variable available: the @disclaimer_options_bysender_maps.
  It is a list of lookup tables, looked up by a sender address.
  The sender address is chosen from the following list, first match wins:
    * 'Sender:' header field,  if its domain matches @local_domains_maps;
    * 'From:' header field,    if its domain matches @local_domains_maps;
    * envelope sender address, if its domain matches @local_domains_maps;
  We already know that at least one of the above will match, otherwise
  adding disclaimers would be skipped at an earlier stage. The result of
  lookups should be one simple string, which replaces a string '_OPTION_'
  anywhere in @altermime_args_disclaimer elements.

  Typical use:

    @altermime_args_disclaimer = qw(--disclaimer=/etc/_OPTION_.txt);

    @disclaimer_options_bysender_maps = (
     { 'host1.example.com' => 'altermime-disclaimer-host1',
       'b...@example.net'  => 'altermime-disclaimer-boss',
       '.example.net'      => 'altermime-disclaimer-net',
        '.'                => 'altermime-disclaimer-default' },
    );

  It is currently not possible to disable adding disclaimers through
  @disclaimer_options_bysender_maps results. This needs to be improved.
    (but one could use a null disclaimer, or wrap altermime in a shell
    script to just pass unmodified mail on certain 'option')
  The exact interpretation of the @disclaimer_options_bysender_maps lookup
  result may change in the future (which is why I call it 'experimental').

Another approach would be to provide an alternative mail submission
port or IP address, then by using policy banks configure one
to have disclaimers enabled, and the other to have them disabled.
Each client can then decide to which MSA it wishes to submit its mail.