Petr,

> I've recently upgraded FreeBSD 7.0 box to amavisd-new 2.6.4 and
> amavisd-milter 1.4.0.

Was perl also upgraded during the process, or did its version remain
the same? Which versions of perl are we talking about? Which version
of amavisd-new was there running before which did not exhibit the
problem?

> I get sometimes the following output in maillog:
>
> (!)run_command_consumer: child process [52557]: Insecure dependency in
> open while running with -T switch at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line
> 2994.
> (!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: quar+notif FAILED: sending mail header2:
> Broken pipe at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 6548.

My preliminary experiments that I tried with a pipe delivery of
notifications were not able to reproduce the problem. Are you saying
that admin notifications sometimes are successful, but not always?
Could the outcome depend perhaps on earlier mail checking task performed
by the same child process?

> When I started amavisd in debug mode I found that the problem is with
> sending mail to virus admin:

Thanks for the log. I need to do more experiments involving AM.PDP
mail checking submissions too, not just piped delivery to a sendmail
mail submission program.