I believe the file must be called eicar.com to be seen as the virus

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sharma, Ashish [mailto:ashish.shar...@hp.com]
Envoyé : 29 avril 2010 10:00
À : amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : [AMaViS-user] Asking again : about amavis anti virus scanning

Hi,

Asking the following question again, as I didn't got any reply yet.

I have an amavisd(clamav and spamassassin) setup with postfix(referred
deployment notes from: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd)

Now whenever I send an eicar string in mail body (via my gmail account) the
mail is quarantined and infection is caught,

but if the eicar signature is put in a txt file or any other file and mail is
sent , then nothing happens and I could see the attachment as it is in the
mailbox, shouldn't it too be caught as infection and put in quarantine.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Ashish Sharma