Clay,

> Is there an easy way to display configuration values with amavisd-new?
> I'm thinking similar to a 'postconf -n' type command used by postfix.
> I'm scanning the documentation now, but coming up empty handed.

There isn't presently any easy way to do that. You can insert some
'print'-s by the end of amavisd.conf or in some custom hook to display
what is needed (mainly for debugging) - that is as close as it gets.

Back in the old days of amavisd-new there was a utility amavisdconf
with options -d and -n, but it was removed with amavisd-new-20030314
because configuration capabilities became too complicated for such
approach. There are before- and after- defaults, then came by-recipient
lists of lookup tables, which came under umbrella of by-contents-category
tables, which can all be dynamically switched by policy banks.

The default values are documented in amavisd.conf-default.
It is not obvious how to report what comes out after parsing
configuration files and applying policy banks and content categories.
I recognize the need, but don't see an easy solution.
Noted nevertheless.

> If there is not, is there a formal method for feature requests?

This mailing list is as formal as it gets.