--On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:13 PM +0200 Mark Martinec
<mark.martinec+ama...@ijs.si> wrote:

> Peter,
>
>> We're about to implement ldap using the amavisd.ldap-schema. We use
>> Active Directory As backend for this.  I'm the Linux guy handling
>> frontend servers so I just send the schema to The active directory guy
>> and he say that he can't use this format. Is this correct? And if Anyone
>> out there got the correct format for putting this into AD?
>
> Don't know the answer to your question, but the schema is distributed
> in two different formats: as LDAP.ldif and LDAP.schema.  Perhaps the
> other one can be more usable.

The LDAP.ldif file is very specific to OpenLDAP's implementation of
representing the schema in an LDIF format.

As for this question about AD, AD is not exactly LDAP. It's non-RFC
compliant in many ways, and how each directory servers represents schema
file varies across implementations.  I would hope your AD administrator
would know how to extend the AD schema.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount