Hello,

I have read many explanations about the "Exceeded storage quota" message
from amavis, but cannot find an explanation why one of our emails is
failing ?

We have a user who sends a tar file which is 173 MB big. The
amavisd.conf setting at our site is : $MAX_EXPANSION_QUOTA = 300*1024*1024

But the error we are getting is : X-Amavis-Hold: Exceeded storage quota
314572800 bytes by
 > do_pax_cpio/pre; lastchunk 173626614 bytes

Why is this ?

Greetings ... Richard Smits