On 11/16/2010 12:17 PM, Matias Banchoff wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have a question regarding the $forward_method variable.
>     I have two postfix servers and only one amavis server installed. Is
> it possible to have amavis check mails from both postfix servers and
> reinject the email to the corresponding server.
>     I ask because $forward_method allows only one IP Address. The idea is
> to have one postfix per domain and all those emails being checked with
> only one amavis.
>
> Thank you!

 From the RELEASE_NOTES...

   To make it possible for several hosts to share one content
checking daemon,
   the IP address and/or the port number in $forward_method
and $notify_method
   may be specified as an asterisk. An asterisk in the
colon-separated
   second field (host) will be replaced by the SMTP client
peer address
   (i.e. the MTA host). An asterisk in the third field (tcp
port) will be
   replaced by the incoming SMTP/LMTP session port number plus
one. This
   obsoletes the previously used less flexible configuration
parameter
   $relayhost_is_client. An example:

     $forward_method = 'smtp:*:*'; $notify_method =
'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025';

   The same functionality can also by achieved by using a
bigger hammer,
   the policy banks. These may completely replace the global
settings
   for $forward_method and $notify_method, based on incoming
port number;