> > Sorry, I gave bad advise, the forward_method is somewhat special
> > since the invention of multiple-backends failover mechanism.
> > Just use the forward_method_maps, as you suggested:
> >
> > $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {
> >    forward_method_maps => [ 'smtp:[::1]:10125' ],
> > };
>
> Sorry, but that does not work either (that would fix header_checks-usage in
> postfix, so important) ;-) It always uses the global defined
> forward_method.

It does work, just make sure to put it in a policy back that is
actually loaded in your setup.

The name 'ORIGINATING' in the example above is just a convention,
there is nothing special or automatic about the name 'ORIGINATING',
it needs to be associated with some activation point, e.g.
- a port number (%interface_policy), or
- clients IP address (@client_ipaddr_policy), or
- valid DKIM signature (@author_to_policy_bank_maps), or
- a virus name (@virus_name_to_policy_bank_maps)

The only policy bank names that are special are MYNETS and
MYUSERS - for historical/compatibility reasons.