>> I believe most of the functions are already in place, but the logic and
>> config
>> syntax isn't. In my eyes a structure as noted above would make configuration
>> lot easier.
> I agree.
>
> amavis is very powerfull.
> But finding the right configuration sytax is sometimes realy hard.

Well, at the one side I wished it was easier sometimes, but at the other side I
have to say that the more I dive into amavisd the more I love exactly the way
it works. Maybe it is a big difference, if you also love programming, which I
do. So at the end I look into amavisd and the RELEASE_NOTES and think
everything is fine :-)

Concerning MTA and amavisd I think this is not so easy, because if using
Postfix, then it makes a difference, if you use smtpd_proxy_filter or
content_filter. It is the fact that the cleanup process is called in first case
after mail returns from amavisd, in second before _and_ after. And that has
consequences in amavisd, too. Because I have to specify different
forward_methods in amavisd.

I see everything as a big routing plan. I do routing of mails for my intranet,
for foreign remote networks and maybe trusted networks (also from remote). I do
define policies for all these and have full control.

The only thing that I miss is a complete documentation of basic configuration
parameters. But I guess that makes a lot of work. I even wouldn't know how to
do the documentation structure. The more content is added to the RELEASE_NOTES
the more chance raises up that you miss reading things and come up with
unnecessary questions on the list. Not sure about that.

Ah, finallly forgot one thing concerning policy_banks: If it would be able to
define a policy_bank that can be inherited in others that would be cool :-)

Best wishes
Christian